Landrum & Shouse LLP has long defended some of the most highly publicized and complex criminal prosecutions throughout Kentucky. Attorney and Senior Partner R. Kent Westberry leads this White Collar Criminal Defense practice in both state and federal court. Kent has served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky.
Despite the nature of those cases handled by Kent and his firm, the most successful defenses should not be high profile. Attorneys are most effective in the investigative stage, before an indictment has been returned and in the headlines. However, the fact that our adversaries know we are always ready and able to take a case to trial is a benefit to our clients regardless whether a settlement is obtained without charges being brought or if the matter proceeds to verdict. In an environment where state and federal regulations are increasingly being enforced, both individuals and businesses are at a greater risk of being the subject of a criminal investigation. We routinely represent clients in the following areas:
- Public Corruption
- Obstruction of Justice and RICO
- Criminal and Civil Regulatory Action involving MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration)
- Money Laundering
- Healthcare Fraud
- Federal and State Criminal Tax Investigations
- Qui Tam Investigations
- Corporate Compliance Counseling and Internal Investigations
- Insurance Fraud
- Bank and Securities Fraud
- Representing witnesses, subjects and targets in Grand Jury Investigations
- Mail and Wire Fraud, including Theft of Honest Services
- Criminal and Civil Environmental Violations
- General Crimes, both in state and federal court. This includes most crimes charged in all state courts.
Landrum & Shouse White Collar Criminal Defense practice ranked in Kentucky’s Top Tier by U.S. News & World Report - Best Lawyers Best Firms 2014 Edition. Our lawyers are listed in the Best Lawyers in America section under White Collar Criminal Defense and Regulatory Enforcement Litigation (SEC, Energy). They are also listed in Kentucky Super Lawyers for White Collar Criminal Defense.
Do not hesitate to contact us at either in our Lexington office at (859) 554-4038 or in Louisville at (502) 589-7616. You may also contact us online.