Louisville Wrongful Termination Attorney
At Landrum & Shouse, LLP our lawyers handle employment disputes between employers and employees. We advocate for employees who have experienced violations of state and federal employment laws and whose rights were violated. Our attorneys use the best strategy to help clients resolve their disputes with their employers. However, as trial lawyers, members of the firm are always ready to go to court in pursuit of a good outcome for a client.
Protecting Employee Rights
Kentucky is an at-will state, meaning that employees are not protected from being fired. However, employers cannot violate state and federal laws protecting employees from discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other types of employer actions. Our attorneys represent employees in state and federal courts in matters such as:
- Discrimination, including age, race, gender, religion and all other types of discrimination as defined by Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the Kentucky Civil Rights Act (KCRA)
- Sexual harassment and retaliation
- Noncompete agreement litigation
- Wrongful termination
- Severance agreement disputes
- Layoff disputes
- Issues related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Issues related to Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) disputes
- Wages and hours disputes involving overtime, breaks and pay
We also handle matters involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). This federal agency will investigate your discrimination claim and determine whether there is cause to file a lawsuit against your employer. If they conclude that you are eligible to file a lawsuit in federal court, our law firm can assist you. However, a plaintiff has a limited time in which to file after receiving a positive response from the EEOC. It is important to move quickly.
To speak with one of our employee discrimination attorneys, please call us in Lexington at (859) 554-4038 or in Louisville at (502) 589-7616 for an appointment. You may also complete our intake form.
Our Mission , to which we are dedicated, is to provide professional legal representation and service to our clients to the very best of our capabilities, individually and in unity with one another.