Estates and Estate Litigation
The trusts and estates practice at Landrum & Shouse, LLP in Lexington was established by founding partner Weldon Shouse and is carried on today by attorneys skilled and experienced in a broad variety of areas related to legal representation of personal estates and family resources. Our practice emphasizes the working relationship between attorney and client and tries to promote trust and confidence in the handling of these matters, which often involve family conflict and emotional issues. Our lawyers help clients plan for the transfer of their businesses, real estate, personal property and wealth to family members, charities and other objects of their bounty. We also represent executors, administrators, trustees and other estate fiduciaries, as well as heirs and beneficiaries.
Examples of Our Services
Areas of our estates practice include all of the following:
- Preparation and execution of wills
- Preparation and execution of inter vivos (lifetime) revocable or irrevocable trusts
- Estate planning to minimize taxation in the wealth transfer process
- Gift planning
- Family business and succession planning
- Powers of attorney
- Probate of wills
- Administration and settlement of estates and trusts
- Valuation, appraisal and fiduciary accounting issues
- Elder law
- Long-term care planning
- Guardianships and conservatorships
Landrum & Shouse, LLP is one of the most experienced litigation firms in Kentucky. In addition to counsel, advice and representation in planning and carrying out the transfer of estates, we also represent executors, trustees and other fiduciaries, as well as heirs and beneficiaries in the litigation and resolution of disputes involving estates. These skills include:
- Will contests, including claims of undue influence or lack of testamentary capacity
- Inheritance disputes among heirs and beneficiaries
- Construction and interpretation of wills and trusts
- Challenges to and removal of executors, trustees and other fiduciaries
- Creditors' claims against estates
One seeking representation or advice in these matters can contact attorney Mark L. Moseley, an AV-rated attorney and member of the American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law with over 35 years' experience in legal practice.
Call us at (859) 554-4038 for an appointment or further information.
Our Mission , to which we are dedicated, is to provide professional legal representation and service to our clients to the very best of our capabilities, individually and in unity with one another.