Providing legal excellence for over 60 years in Kentucky
Bridget M. Bush
Bridget has practiced in commercial litigation, including class actions and other complex cases, and white collar criminal defense/internal investigations. Bridget has represented individuals and companies (including Fortune 100) in a variety of sectors: pharmaceutical, investment banking, life insurance, energy, accounting, defense procurement, and management consulting. She has litigated in a number of federal courts, including the successful representation in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit of a major oil company that overturned the enforcement of an adverse foreign judgment. Mobil Oil Co. de Venezuela v. Jimenez, 948 F.2d 1282 (4th Cir. 1991). She also has practiced in a number of state courts, including family court, and in arbitration proceedings. She has participated in a number of internal investigations on behalf of boards of directors and special committees. Such investigations help directors to fulfill their fiduciary duties by revealing areas of noncompliance or the need for improved corporate governance; this provides a proactive response to actual or anticipated governmental investigations by the SEC, the U.S. Congress, FDIC or the U.S. Attorney’s office, for example. Bridget worked in the Washington, D.C. office of Debevoise & Plimpton from 1989-96, when she relocated to Kentucky.
Bridget served as lead counsel to U.S. Sen. Rand Paul as amicus curiae in Department of Health and Human Serv., et al., v. State of Florida, et al. (U.S. 2012), the constitutional challenge to the individual mandate of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell in 2015 appointed Bridget to the eight-person Congressional Commission to Consider a National Women's History Museum in Washington D.C.
She is the Chair of The McConnell Center at The University of Louisville.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1988
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Broadcast Journalism & International Relations
- Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1991
- District of Columbia, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2011
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Appellate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Outstanding Volunteer Lawyer for 2011, Legal Aid Society of Louisville
- Legal Aid of Louisville (KY) Domestic Violence Advocacy Project, 2010 to Present
- Debevoise & Plimpton, Washington, DC, Litigation Associate, 1989 to 1996
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, New York, NY, Law Clerk for Honorable Richard J. Cardamone, 1988 to 1989
- Federalist Society
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel