Providing legal excellence for over 60 years in Kentucky
Daniel E. Murner
Since the founding of our law firm in 1956, Landrum & Shouse has defended transportation industry clients against serious catastrophic injury claims. Our trucking litigation practice includes the representation of numerous national and international trucking companies as well as smaller, more locally based carriers.
Myself and my partner, Michael E. Hammond, are active members of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, a group of trucking industry claims representatives, risk managers, company owners and attorneys. Members are kept up to date with the frequent changes to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as other national and state regulatory changes and case decisions. Mike and I have extensive trial and litigation experience in both the state and federal courts of Kentucky.
Our trucking litigation group at Landrum & Shouse maintains a rapid response team of accident reconstructionists, human factors experts, law enforcement personnel, and medical experts that are available for immediate investigation and/or consultation following an accident involving a commercial motor vehicle.
I am a retired United States Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel. Additionally, I am a Kentucky Super Lawyers and a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rated attorney. For the past 21 years my practice has been devoted totally to civil litigation defense.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1988
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1985
- Kentucky, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Trucking Industry Defense
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University, 2009 to Present
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, 2001 to Present
- Defense Research Institute, 2003 to Present
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
Current Employment Position