Providing legal excellence for over 60 years in Kentucky
Elizabeth J. Winchell
My legal experience with Landrum & Shouse has been expansive and far-reaching, from defending individuals in simple car accidents to complex construction defect cases, bad faith defense and transportation defense.
I am a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, which consists of attorneys, claims adjusters, and trucking industry professionals dedicated to protecting and bettering the trucking industry through understanding of evolving federal regulations and legal trends.
I have personally assisted in rapid response scenarios, arranging and attending accident reconstruction, vehicle inspections, and working with truck drivers to ensure that proper post-accident procedures are followed. I have successfully practiced and tried cases in both federal and state court, and I have also negotiated settlements in mediations and federal settlement conferences.
It is my goal to carry on the tradition of quality client representation here at Landrum & Shouse, LLP.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2007
- Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English and History
- Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2011
- Litigation-Insurance Defense 60%
- Trucking Industry Defense 40%
- Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2017
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc., Member, 2013 to Present
- KDC, Inc., CLE Committee
- Centre College Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Fayette County Teen Court Coordinator, 2007 to 2012
Classes and Seminars
- Deposition Strategies, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2012
Current Employment Position