Lexington, KY, August 19, 2021 — Landrum & Shouse LLP is pleased to announce that 17 lawyers have been included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for four decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession. After 40 years, we are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide,” says CEO Phillip Greer.
For the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, more than 10.8 million evaluations were analyzed, which resulted in recognition of approximately 5% of lawyers in private practice in the United States.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. Landrum & Shouse LLP would like to congratulate the following lawyers recognized by their peers and awarded “Lawyer of the Year” honors:
- Bradley C. Hooks – Insurance Law – Lawyer of the Year
- Elizabeth A. Deener – Litigation – Insurance – Lawyer of the Year
- Pierce Willard Hamblin – Mediation – Lawyer of the Year
Landrum & Shouse LLP would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Elizabeth A. Deener – Litigation – Insurance
- Larry C. Deener – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Railroad Law
- Pierce Willard Hamblin – Arbitration and Mediation
- Michael Hammond – Litigation – Insurance
- Bradley C. Hooks – Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
- Erin C.S. Izzo – Litigation – Insurance
- John R. Martin, Jr. – Litigation – Insurance, Mediation, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Mark L. Moseley – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, and Commercial Litigation
- Daniel E. Murner – Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
- William C. Shouse – Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
- Jeffrey A. Taylor – Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Leslie P. Vose – Employment Law – Individuals and Employment Law – Management
- R. Kent Westberry – Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Litigation – Municipal, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Elizabeth Winchell – Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
- Bennett E. Bayer – Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Zachary Hoskins – Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America© list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.