Contracts & Transactions
Louisville And Lexington Business Law Attorneys
Landrum & Shouse LLP, a Lexington and Louisville law firm, offers a complete range of services to the business owner. Our lawyers have experience in a wide variety of legal areas needed for the organization and operation of a successful business. The decisions, agreements, and documentation established at the outset of any business enterprise are crucial to its success. The time and resources devoted to making the right decisions at the outset are often directly proportional to the success of the results achieved in the long run.
The attorneys at Landrum & Shouse LLP have experience and skills in all of the following important areas:
- Business formation, including all types of business entities: corporations (both C corporations and S corporations); limited liability companies (LLCs); limited liability partnerships (LLPs), and other limited liability entities; general partnerships; and sole proprietorships
- Buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, and LLC operating agreements
- Employment agreements, covenants not to compete, nonsolicitation and nondisclosure agreements
- Business acquisitions, including stock and asset purchases
- Family businesses and succession planning
- Contract negotiation and drafting
- Real estate leasing, sale contracts, deeds, and titles
- Secured transactions
Specific Business Areas
In addition to a wide range of skills and experience in all areas dealing with business organization, acquisition, and operation, our attorneys have experience in various specific business areas including:
- Coal mining, oil and gas, and other minerals
- Physicians’ groups and physician employment and recruitment agreements
- Automobile dealerships
- Equine law
- Liquor licenses
- Software licensing
For advice or consultation in any area of business law, contact R. Kent Westberry or Bennett E. Bayer. You may call us in Lexington at 859-554-4038 or in Louisville at 502-589-7616 for an appointment or further information.
Our Mission, to which we are dedicated, is to provide professional legal representation and service to our clients to the very best of our capabilities, individually and in unity with one another.