Landrum & Shouse LLP
Lexington 859-554-4038
Louisville 502-589-7616
Toll Free 888-322-2505
Facebook Twitter Linked In
This is an advertisement
Site Menu
Landrum & Shouse LLP
Our Blog

Posts tagged "Employment Law For Employees"

Who's eligible to receive overtime in Kentucky?

There are two main pieces of legislation addressing overtime here in Kentucky. There are state laws including Kentucky Rev. Stat. §§ 337.285 and 337.050. There's also the federal law known as the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA). Each of the laws can be used by employers to guide them in knowing when to pay overtime. This same legislation can be used by employees to better inform themselves of their rights to compensation.

Do I have the right to claim unpaid overtime?

The rights that you have as an employee depend on the exact circumstances of your employment. If you are nonexempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), you have the right to get paid at overtime rates for any hours worked over 40 in any given workweek.

Where are sexual harassment allegations most common?

Sexual harassment allegations can happen in any industry. Both men and women can be harassed, accused or falsely accused. It's important to remember that this happens everywhere and not to assume anything. People need to know their rights in various industries all over the state.

How am I protected from discrimination as an employee?

All employees should be treated fairly and based on the effort they put into their role. The law in the United States tries to make sure that no employee has to suffer discrimination for any unfair reason, and because of this, there are several different laws that have been put in place.

Considering mediation as a disgruntled employee

If a dispute has arisen between you and your employer, you may want to take action in order to restore justice, but it is likely that you are wary of undergoing a stressful and time consuming legal battle. If you still feel that you have not got the settlement that you deserve, it is important to not back down and understand that there are several options for you to consider.

My employer accused me of filing a false harassment claim

If you witnessed or experienced what you believed to be sexual harassment in the workplace, you will have undoubtedly felt upset, angry and that you needed to take action. The most obvious thing to do in a situation like this is to report what you witnessed to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Caregivers subject to sexual harassment

In an office setting, the policy can be clear — no touching in the workplace. But when your workplace is your client's home or room and your duties include providing personal care to them, those lines are blurred and ineffective. After all, touching your client is part of your job description. It can't be avoided, and therefore, is subject to misinterpretation by the clients.

FindLaw Network