Email MeElizabeth J. Winchell
My legal experience with Landrum & Shouse has been expansive and far-reaching, from defending individuals in simple car accidents to complex construction defect cases, bad faith defense and transportation defense.
I am a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, which consists of attorneys, claims adjusters, and trucking industry professionals dedicated to protecting and bettering the trucking industry through understanding of evolving federal regulations and legal trends.
I have personally assisted in rapid response scenarios, arranging and attending accident reconstruction, vehicle inspections, and working with truck drivers to ensure that proper post-accident procedures are followed. I have successfully practiced and tried cases in both federal and state court, and I have also negotiated settlements in mediations and federal settlement conferences.
It is my goal to carry on the tradition of quality client representation here at Landrum & Shouse, LLP.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Litigation-Insurance Defense
- 40% Trucking Industry Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2011
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2007
- Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English and History
- Deposition Strategies, Salmon P. Chase College of Law
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc., Member, 2013 - Present
- KDC, Inc., CLE Committee
- Centre College Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Fayette County Teen Court Coordinator, 2007 - 2012