Louisville And Lexington Education And School Law Attorneys
The education landscape is fraught with perils and pitfalls for educators, administrators, superintendents, teachers and school boards. Without sage and competent legal counsel, seemingly innocent decisions can result in grave consequences.
For many, many years, the attorneys of Landrum & Shouse have provided knowledge and legal experience to guide school districts both large and small through this perilous landscape. We have represented school districts, administrators and staff in all aspects of education law. We undertake to counsel and advise districts on their obligation to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, statutes and regulations. Our goal is to provide legal information and solutions, so each district can focus on its true mission: the education of our children.
Our team of education lawyers, John McNeill (AV rated) and Elizabeth Deener (AV rated) bring broad experience, knowledge and skill whether your needs are for legal counsel or matters of litigation. Landrum & Shouse is panel counsel for the Kentucky School Board Insurance Trust and the Kentucky League of Cities. Landrum & Shouse is also panel counsel for the Fayette County School District, the second-largest district in the Commonwealth. We regularly represent multiple districts across the Commonwealth. We have tried several school cases and have litigated and argued many cases before both the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Kentucky Supreme Court.
Landrum & Shouse is skilled in the areas that touch school districts on a daily basis such as:
- Federal issues: Civil rights, Title VII and Title IX, special education, equal access, and freedom of expression and religion
- Classroom issues: Harassment, sexual abuse, bullying (physical and cyber), student discipline and due process, open records and FERPA, IDEA and IEP plans
- Staff and administrators: Hiring and termination, due process and tribunals, retaliation claims, whistleblower claims
- Technology issues related to student privacy and cyberspace
- Governmental immunity issues as related to boards of education and their employees and agents
- Bodily injury and tort claims against school districts
- Transportation issues
- Compliance with office of civil rights mandates
We at Landrum & Shouse have the experience, skill and resources to effectively handle school and education law issues. We invite and encourage you to contact one of our education lawyers today.
Education Law Practice Attorney
Our Mission, to which we are dedicated, is to provide professional legal representation and service to our clients to the very best of our capabilities, individually and in unity with one another.