Sound Employment Law Representation For Employers In Lexington And Louisville
Examples Of Employment Matters We Handle
Employment matters are increasingly complex, requiring many companies to retain legal counsel to keep them abreast of changes in Kentucky and federal employment laws. Our attorneys use their extensive knowledge to defend clients against charges such as:
- Discrimination, including age, race, gender, religion and all other types of discrimination as defined by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Kentucky Civil Rights Act (KCRA)
- Sexual harassment and retaliation
- Noncompete agreement litigation
- Wrongful termination
- Severance agreement disputes
- Layoff disputes
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) disputes
- Wage and hour disputes involving overtime, breaks and pay
Matters such as these often involve a Department of Labor investigator who may appear unannounced. We urge clients to call us immediately before responding to the investigator’s questions. This may avert lengthy and contentious legal action. However, we are trial lawyers and are always prepared to go to court on behalf of our employer clients.
We also assist clients with matters such as establishing benefit plans, drafting employee manuals and human resources procedures, and writing employment contracts. This is part of our law firm’s ongoing effort to protect our clients and allow them to focus on the operation of their businesses.
Employment Law For Employers Practice Attorney
Our mission, to which we are dedicated, is to provide professional legal representation and service to our clients to the very best of our capabilities, individually and in unity with one another.